Avon Sales

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Lazy Sunday!

Sundays are my lazy day, I do as little as possible and hubby is so great and lets me sleep in as late as I like!!! So today I woke up at 11am and so far Ive washed the dishes (cant stand dirty dishes so matter how lazy or sick those get done) and put a roast in the crock pot to cook all day. Will add potatoes and gravy later. But pretty much I will sit around and do practically nothing and enjoy my lazy day. 

Roast! 

1 roast, no bigger than 4 lbs.
1 pk onion soup mix
salt
pepper
garlic salt
1 onion sliced
1 bell pepper sliced
5 dashes or so of Worsteshire
5 dashes hot sauce
1 cup water
1 cube beef bouillon

In crock pot layer meat, onions and seasonings and let cook on low for 6-8 hours! Note instead of water and beef bouillon you can use beef broth also.

Gravy

2 Tbsp Veg Oil
2 Tbsp Flour
Juice from the roast or water

In a skillet heat your oil and add your flour and make a roux, slow pour in juices and using a fork stir constantly making sure the roux and juices mix well together, add in more juice or water til gravy is thick or as thin as you like. Serve over meat and potatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment