Avon Sales

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Just Blogging

Im a little behind on my dinner recipes and such bc my computer was down yesterday for maintenance. We have joined up on playing WoW again. My friend and her husband have a private server (Www.Elemental-Wow.com) and are getting ready to launch this weekend so my husband was making sure my computer was up and ready so that I can play! On to Recipes! Tuesday night we had hamburger helper and anyone that knows me KNOWS I am not a fan of it, but my husband loves it so I make it every once in awhile to satisfy him. I decided to spice it up and make it my own which I will give a recipe of bc I actually enjoyed it. My little 15 month old that I babysit ate 2 whole plates, my 9 year old ate 2 whole plates and my 7 year old ate a plate and my 11 year old almost finished it and for him I was impressed. Lol
Then Wednesday Night I made Teryiaki Pork Loin and Fried Rice. I also baked alot yesterday. I made blueberry muffins, Scones and Donuts! Omg the donuts were so amazing and so easy!!! I'll be making them again tomorrow for breakfast! So here are the recipes in order.

Hamburger Helper My Style

1 lb Beef
1 Box Beef Pasta Hamburger Helper
Milk and Water called for on Box
6 oz Egg Noodles
1/4 cup Sour Cream

Follow directions on box for the Hamburger Helper. In a pot boil your noodles and drain. When the Hamburger helper is done add your noodles and sour cream and mix together. I also added a little bit of salt, pepper and a tiny bit of garlic salt. It came out excellent!

Teryiaki Pork Loin
1 Pkg of Pork Loin cut into slices
Teryiaki Sauce
Soy Sauce

In a skillet layer your pork loin and top with sauces. I used about 10 dashes of Teryiaki and about 4 dashes of Soy Sauce. Cook on each side for about 4 mins each on Med High Heat.

Fried Rice

2 Tbs Veg Oil
1 Onion Diced
3 cups Cooked Rice
1 Stick of Butter
1 Egg Fried and chopped into small pcs
Teryiaki
Soy Sauce
Salt
Pepper

In a skillet heat oil and add onions. Saute for 3 mins. Add rice and using a spatula fry. Do not stir too much bc it will become mushy. After about 5 mins add butter and mix into rice. Press Rice down with spatula and then stir around. Add Sauces as much or as little as you like. And then add egg and mix into rice well. Season with salt and pepper and serve.

http://www.pillsbury.com/Cooking-Occasions/Doughboy-Dish/Homemade-Doughnuts?WT.dcsvid=MjA5ODE1NTc4NgS2&rvri

I made these donuts from the website above and they were so delicious. I melted choc chips with a little bit of shortening and dipped the donuts in. I also did this with white choc. For the little holes that were left I shook in a bowl with cinnamon and sugar. I plan to make more tomorrow and make a sugar glaze for them.

I got a Joy Cookbook for my bday last year and I have been trying to use it more. This is where I got my recipes for the Scones and Blueberry Muffins.

CLASSIC SCONES

Note: Numbers refer to pages in the cookbook. Many of the recipes can be found online by using our search feature.
8 to 12 scones
Increase the sugar up to 1⁄4 cup for a sweeter scone.
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
Sift together into a large bowl:
  1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
  2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
  1 tablespoon sugar
  1⁄2 teaspoon salt

Cut in, using a pastry blender or 2 knives, until the size of small peas:
  1⁄4 cup (1⁄2 stick) cold butter
Beat in a small bowl:
  2 large eggs
Reserve 2 tablespoons of the beaten eggs. Beat in to the reminder:
  1⁄3 cup heavy cream
Make a well in the dry ingredients. Pour in the liquid and combine with a few swift strokes. Handle the dough as little as possible. Turn it out onto a lightly floured board. Pat to 3⁄4 inch thick. To make the classic wedge shape, pat into an 8-inch round and then cut into 8 to 12 wedges or cut into diamond shapes or as for Biscuit Sticks, above. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with the reserved egg and sprinkle with:
  Salt or sugar
Bake until golden, about 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.

MUFFINS

Note: Numbers refer to pages in the cookbook. Many of the recipes can be found online by using our search feature.
12 muffins
With this recipe, you can create myriad muffins by adding berries, chopped fresh or dried fruit, or nuts. See Additions to Muffins, above. You can substitute up to 1 cup whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour for an equal measure of all purpose flour. Note that the liquid ingredient is your choice, from low-fat milk to cream. The flexible amount of butter or oil allows control of the richness with the following advice: Muffins made to be eaten warm from the oven are perfectly delicious with 1⁄4 cup butter or oil. If muffins must be made hours before they will be consumed, or even the day before, you are wise to use 1⁄2 cup butter or oil.
Position a rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a standard 12-muffin pan or line with paper liners.
Whisk together thoroughly in a large bowl:
  2 cups all-purpose flour
  1 tablespoon baking powder
  1⁄2 teaspoon salt
  (1⁄4 teaspoon grated or ground nutmeg)

Whisk together in another bowl:
  2 large eggs
  1 cup milk or cream
  2⁄3 cup sugar or packed light brown sugar
  1⁄4 to 1⁄2 cup (1⁄2 to 1 stick) butter, melted, or
  1⁄4 to 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
  1 teaspoon vanilla

Add to the flour mixture and mix together with a few light strokes just until the dry ingredients are moistened. Do not overmix; the batter should not be smooth. Divide the batter among the muffin cups.
Bake until a toothpick inserted in 1 or 2 of the muffins comes out clean, about 17 minutes (or longer for variations with fruit). Let cool for 2 to 3 minutes before removing from the pan. If not serving hot, let cool on a rack. Serve as soon as possible, preferably within a few hours of baking.
I lowered the sugar to 1/3 cup and added 1 1/2 cup of the frozen blueberries I had stored in freezer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment