Avon Sales

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day

I was woke up at 10am by my phone ringing and my mil telling me we had to get out now there was a Tornado headed our way. So we rushed around grabbed the kids and animals and hog tailed out of here. We go down to her house bc she lives in a Cinder Block House so we sit there for a few hours and watch the storm and the weather channel. We are finally in the clear close to 2pm so we are now trying to figure out what to do about food bc I didnt get a chance to thaw out the food before we left in a hurry. So we come home, I defrost as I go. I get my hubby to help me and he peels the potatoes for me while I get the meat thawed and seasoned and marinated. So while he is peeling, I take chicken drumlettes and marinate them (recipe follows), I pour bbq sauce over the ribs and get them in the oven. I also throw the drumettes in there and while they are cooking I start on the marinade for the potato french fries. Im still trying to figure out another side item bc I do not feel like driving to town in the rain. Hubby finishes the potatoes and I cut them up and put them in the marinade and coat them and put them in oven to cook. And I still have a lot of potatoes so I ask if he will make his really good ranch potatoes. (recipe follows)I dice up the potatoes and get them to boiling.  I marinate the steaks (recipe follows) and set them aside while the chicken, ribs and potato fries cook.  I clean up and when they are done I set the steaks on broil and let them cook and start the mac and cheese and then I add the garlic bread and voila I have thrown lunch/dinner together. LOL It took me about 2 hours in the kitchen but I finally came up with a thrown together meal that tasted good.

Chicken Drumlettes Marinade

2Tbs Lemon Juice
1Tbs Olive Oil
Sea Salt
Garlic Salt
Pepper
Salt
Garlic Pepper
Parmesan

Mix together in a bowl and use as a little or as much seasoning as you like. I prolly used 1/2 to 1 tsp of each seasoning. Toss in chicken and marinate for about 15 mins. Lay chicken on tin foil on a bake sheet and sprinkle with more parmesan and let bake at 375 for about 30 mins.


Steak Marinade

1/4 cup A1 or Heinz 57
5 dashes or so of Worsteshire
Garlic Salt
Salt
Pepper
1tsp Minced Garlic

Mix all ingredients together and pour over steaks. Let marinate for about 15 mins or longer and grill, broil or skillet cook your steaks to your liking

Smashed Ranch Potatoes

5 peeled and diced potatoes
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup ranch dressing
salt
pepper
sea salt

1/2 tsp garlic salt

Boil your potatoes til soft. Smash with either a pastry cutter or fork. Add your butter, ranch and seasonings and mix well. They will be lumpy so no worries. You may add as little or as much seasoning as you like, taste along the way. If you want more butter and ranch then add it.

These are the potato fries I made, I signed up to follow this blog and I am glad I did bc these turned out awesome!
http://cookingontheweekends.com/2011/08/smoky-chipotle-parmesan-french-fries/

No comments:

Post a Comment